Putt the Ball in the Hole

  • dgpvgjqajtun
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      The strokes you take on the green during your golf game wind up being
      about 40 percent of your score. Wild, isn't it? We spend $500 on
      drivers to gain 10 yards and give it all away in just one or two three-
      putts and/or missed four-footers. As a corollary, we could use a 1970's
      laminated driver with some knock-off, found-in-the-garage irons and
      score the same as our most technologically advanced pals if we just
      shaved a few strokes off our putting game.
      I know, "Drive for show, putt for dough." is what the guys that can't
      hit the bomb are always saying. I know that the guy that pounds it
      farthest is "The Man". OK. I have been playing for over forty years and
      am on average one the longest hitters in the groups I hang with. That
      being said, my best rounds (and most Nassau wins) have been when I
      reign in the big swing and drain some putts.
      Over the last twenty-five years my handicap has remained fairly
      constant around twelve to thirteen. That has been in the face of
      declining frequency of play and plowing through the fifty year-old
      barrier. How? Putting!...