Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • Lucille A Richmond
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
      I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy. Sorry.

      Lucille Richmond

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
        Lucille,

        Would you kindly check to see if there are any DUNBARs listed?

        Many thanks
        Pat

        --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@y..., "Lucille A Richmond"
        <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
        > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
        Sorry.

        > Lucille Richmond

      • Dave Mooney
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
          Hi this eamil came in. Not a clue why other than some viruses send emails at
          random from your address book. Don't know why I'd be in your address book
          either. Maybe worth doing a virus scan on your system?

          Dave

          <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
          > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
          Sorry.

          > Lucille Richmond

        • Lucille A Richmond
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
            Just checked the book, Pat. There are no proper names of DUNBAR in it; only
            the name of the battle.

            <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
            > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
            Sorry.

            > Lucille Richmond

          • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
              Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
              Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
              indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
              Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

            • ROSSBIRD@aol.com
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                Hi everyone,

                In the above book are there any ROSS names mentioned?

                Thanks,

                Dave Howe Florida
              • Lucille A Richmond
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                  The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

                  Daniel MACKHAN
                  Daniel MACKHELLIN
                  Daniel MACKAINE
                  Daniel MACNITH
                  Daniel MANN
                  Daniel MARTIN

                  Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
                  Daniels in the "C" listing.

                  Lucille Richmond

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                    ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
                    now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

                    In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                    James ROSS (listed twice)
                    John ROSSE (listed three times)
                    Jonas ROSS
                    Alester ROSS
                    Daniel ROSS
                    David ROSS

                    Lucille Richmond

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                      As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
                      Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

                      Lucille

                      Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
                      prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
                      family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
                      Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
                      taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
                      Jan Highman

                      >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
                      >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
                      >times...
                      >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
                      >
                      >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                      >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                      >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                      >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                    • Bill Caddell
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                        Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
                        and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

                        Bill Caddell

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                          Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                          any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                          Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                          > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                          Kittery,
                          > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                          >
                          > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                          > James ROSS (listed twice)
                          > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                          > Jonas ROSS
                          > Alester ROSS
                          > Daniel ROSS
                          > David ROSS
                          >
                          > Lucille Richmond

                        • Lucille A Richmond
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                            Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                            Abernethy.

                            Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                            any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                            Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                            > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                            Kittery,
                            > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                            >
                            > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                            > James ROSS (listed twice)
                            > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                            > Jonas ROSS
                            > Alester ROSS
                            > Daniel ROSS
                            > David ROSS
                            >
                            > Lucille Richmond

                          • Larry Highman
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                                unsubscribe
                              • Larry Highman
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                                  hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                                  Jan

                                • cwrichmond
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                                    dunbarbill:

                                    Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                                    Lucille Richmond

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                                        The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                                        Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                                        photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                                        you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                                        search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                                        it searches and a breeze to use.

                                        The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                                        Enjoy the site, Lucille.