Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • cowen
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
      Dear Virginia,

      I have two lists and I am sorry to say he is not listed on either.
      Check this URL:
      http://www.primenet.com/~langford/spls/6511n001.htm
      This list is in alphabetical order for your view.
      Respectfully, and I am sorry not to find him listed,
      Chester...
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
        I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy. Sorry.

        Lucille Richmond

        > Chester, I understand that it does not state where the men from but it
        even
        > give their names? I am looking for Robert Abernathy from Battle of
        > Worcester. Ginny Keefer

      • patthepiper2000
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
          Lucille,

          Would you kindly check to see if there are any DUNBARs listed?

          Many thanks
          Pat

          --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@y..., "Lucille A Richmond"
          <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
          > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
          Sorry.

          > Lucille Richmond

        • Dave Mooney
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
            Hi this eamil came in. Not a clue why other than some viruses send emails at
            random from your address book. Don't know why I'd be in your address book
            either. Maybe worth doing a virus scan on your system?

            Dave

            <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
            > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
            Sorry.

            > Lucille Richmond

          • Lucille A Richmond
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
              Just checked the book, Pat. There are no proper names of DUNBAR in it; only
              the name of the battle.

              <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
              > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
              Sorry.

              > Lucille Richmond

            • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
                Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                > Just checked the book, Pat. There are no proper names of DUNBAR in it;
                only
                > the name of the battle.

              • Larry Highman
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                  Hi,
                  Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
                  prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
                  family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
                  Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
                  taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
                  Jan Highman

                  Jan and Larry Highman
                  Your Medieval Merchants http://www.galaxymall.com/product/tents
                  http://www.galaxymall.com/household/lanterns
                  http://www.galaxymall.com/books/medieval

                • ROSSBIRD@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                    Hi everyone,

                    In the above book are there any ROSS names mentioned?

                    Thanks,

                    Dave Howe Florida
                  • Lucille A Richmond
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                      The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

                      Daniel MACKHAN
                      Daniel MACKHELLIN
                      Daniel MACKAINE
                      Daniel MACNITH
                      Daniel MANN
                      Daniel MARTIN

                      Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
                      Daniels in the "C" listing.

                      Lucille Richmond

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                        ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
                        now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

                        In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                        James ROSS (listed twice)
                        John ROSSE (listed three times)
                        Jonas ROSS
                        Alester ROSS
                        Daniel ROSS
                        David ROSS

                        Lucille Richmond

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                          As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
                          Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

                          Lucille

                          Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
                          prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
                          family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
                          Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
                          taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
                          Jan Highman

                          >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
                          >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
                          >times...
                          >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
                          >
                          >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                          >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                          >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                          >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                        • Bill Caddell
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                            Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
                            and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

                            Bill Caddell

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                              Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                              any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                              Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                              > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                              Kittery,
                              > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                              >
                              > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                              > James ROSS (listed twice)
                              > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                              > Jonas ROSS
                              > Alester ROSS
                              > Daniel ROSS
                              > David ROSS
                              >
                              > Lucille Richmond

                            • Lucille A Richmond
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                                Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                                Abernethy.

                              • RWEIFORDS@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                                  unsubscribe
                                • Larry Highman
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                                    hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                                    Jan

                                  • cwrichmond
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                                      dunbarbill:

                                      Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                                      Lucille Richmond

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                                          The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                                          Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                                          photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                                          you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                                          search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                                          it searches and a breeze to use.

                                          The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                                          Enjoy the site, Lucille.