Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] PASSENGER LISTS ON THE INTERNET

  • Teresa R.
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
      Try it again with the "l" on the end.
      Teresa

      Ericka Morgan <erickawaymorgan@...> wrote:
      Teresa,
      I tried to open that one but it didn't work for me.
      -thanks, Ericka

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
        The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been formed!
        Its e-mail address is
        scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com. I sent
        invitations to join to the 17 members who have posted
        to the original group in the past few months. But I
        know there are many more of you. To join the group,
        send an e-mail to:
        scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe." The
        others are underscores.)

        This group should be free from spam, as I will have a
        chance to disapprove messages posted to the group by
        new members.

        It might be good to wait a few days before sending any
        e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
        subscribe to it.

        Let me introduce myself; I have been researching the
        Ross family for several years. I think I am descended
        from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war prisoner,
        although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone have
        any information on him?)

        I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning to
        retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois (Older
        Women's League). We had a problem with spam and that's
        how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
        webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center
        (www.barrharris.org).

        Cheers!

        Eleanor Hall
      • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
          Eleanor,
          Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope it
          will get going!!
          Kerry
          descendent of Robert Abernethy

          scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com>. I sent
          scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
            Kerry,

            You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
            I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
            I'm able to help it survive.

            But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
            member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
            got it) Or send an e-mail to:

            scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Eleanor

          • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
              Eleanor,
              I thought I did subscribe to the new list. Can you check it for me?
              Thanks, Kerry

              ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>>

              scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>>
              > (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe."
              > The
              > others are underscores.)
              >
              > This group should be free from spam, as I will
              > have a
              > chance to disapprove messages posted to the group
              > by
              > new members.
              >
              > It might be good to wait a few days before sending
              > any
              > e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
              > subscribe to it.
              >
              > Let me introduce myself; I have been researching
              > the
              > Ross family for several years. I think I am
              > descended
              > from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war
              > prisoner,
              > although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone
              > have
              > any information on him?)
              >
              > I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning
              > retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois
              > (Older
              > Women's League). We had a problem with spam and
              > that's
              > how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
              > webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief
              > Center
              > (www.barrharris.org).
              >
              > Cheers!
              >
              > Eleanor Hall

              > removed]

            • Leila Boyer
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                A quick question: Since the new group and the old one both say
                [ScottishWarPrisoners] in the subject line, how can I tell which to delete
                without opening the email from the Pretenders (that's a Scottish history
                joke, get it?) Or should I try to unsubscribe to the other one? Will that
                work?

                Leila

                _____

                You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
                I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
                I'm able to help it survive.

                But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
                member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
                got it) Or send an e-mail to:

                scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

                --- TODD KERRY BRANDOFF <kerry1947@msn. <mailto:kerry1947%40msn.com> com>
                wrote:

                > Eleanor,
                > Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope
                > it
                > will get going!!
                > Kerry
                > descendent of Robert Abernethy

                ScottishWarPrisoner <mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                s@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoner
                > The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been
                > formed!
                > Its e-mail address is

                scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                prisoners@yahoogroups.com>.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                  Leila,

                  In the subject line, the new group has underscores and
                  no caps: scottish_war_prisoners.
                  The old group is all one word: ScottishWarPrisoners.

                  Love your Scottish pretenders joke!

                  When you have joined the new group you could
                  unsubscribe to the old. I will stay a member of the
                  old group. If any real messages come to it, I'll
                  forward them to the new group.

                  Eleanor

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 11, 2007
                    Thank you, Teresa!