Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] PASSENGER LISTS ON THE INTERNET

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2007
      Teresa,
      I tried to open that one but it didn't work for me.
      -thanks, Ericka
      --- "Teresa R." <read2befree@...> wrote:

      > http://members.aol.com/rprost/passenger.htm
      >
      > Teresal

      > removed]

    • Teresa R.
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
        Try it again with the "l" on the end.
        Teresa

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
          The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been formed!
          Its e-mail address is
          scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com. I sent
          invitations to join to the 17 members who have posted
          to the original group in the past few months. But I
          know there are many more of you. To join the group,
          send an e-mail to:
          scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe." The
          others are underscores.)

          This group should be free from spam, as I will have a
          chance to disapprove messages posted to the group by
          new members.

          It might be good to wait a few days before sending any
          e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
          subscribe to it.

          Let me introduce myself; I have been researching the
          Ross family for several years. I think I am descended
          from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war prisoner,
          although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone have
          any information on him?)

          I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning to
          retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois (Older
          Women's League). We had a problem with spam and that's
          how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
          webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center
          (www.barrharris.org).

          Cheers!

          Eleanor Hall
        • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
            Eleanor,
            Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope it
            will get going!!
            Kerry
            descendent of Robert Abernethy

            scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com>. I sent
            scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
              Kerry,

              You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
              I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
              I'm able to help it survive.

              But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
              member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
              got it) Or send an e-mail to:

              scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Eleanor

            • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                Eleanor,
                I thought I did subscribe to the new list. Can you check it for me?
                Thanks, Kerry

                ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>>

                scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>>
                > (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe."
                > The
                > others are underscores.)
                >
                > This group should be free from spam, as I will
                > have a
                > chance to disapprove messages posted to the group
                > by
                > new members.
                >
                > It might be good to wait a few days before sending
                > any
                > e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
                > subscribe to it.
                >
                > Let me introduce myself; I have been researching
                > the
                > Ross family for several years. I think I am
                > descended
                > from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war
                > prisoner,
                > although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone
                > have
                > any information on him?)
                >
                > I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning
                > retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois
                > (Older
                > Women's League). We had a problem with spam and
                > that's
                > how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
                > webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief
                > Center
                > (www.barrharris.org).
                >
                > Cheers!
                >
                > Eleanor Hall

                > removed]

              • Leila Boyer
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                  A quick question: Since the new group and the old one both say
                  [ScottishWarPrisoners] in the subject line, how can I tell which to delete
                  without opening the email from the Pretenders (that's a Scottish history
                  joke, get it?) Or should I try to unsubscribe to the other one? Will that
                  work?

                  Leila

                  _____

                  You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
                  I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
                  I'm able to help it survive.

                  But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
                  member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
                  got it) Or send an e-mail to:

                  scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

                  --- TODD KERRY BRANDOFF <kerry1947@msn. <mailto:kerry1947%40msn.com> com>
                  wrote:

                  > Eleanor,
                  > Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope
                  > it
                  > will get going!!
                  > Kerry
                  > descendent of Robert Abernethy

                  ScottishWarPrisoner <mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                  s@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoner
                  > The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been
                  > formed!
                  > Its e-mail address is

                  scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                  prisoners@yahoogroups.com>.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                    Leila,

                    In the subject line, the new group has underscores and
                    no caps: scottish_war_prisoners.
                    The old group is all one word: ScottishWarPrisoners.

                    Love your Scottish pretenders joke!

                    When you have joined the new group you could
                    unsubscribe to the old. I will stay a member of the
                    old group. If any real messages come to it, I'll
                    forward them to the new group.

                    Eleanor

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 11, 2007
                      Thank you, Teresa!