The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • Chester H. Cowen
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
      Dear Lucille and group,

      Lucille state the book tells of the hardships the men went through
      after the Battle at Dundee & Worcester but as she stated it does not
      give any indication of where the men were born in Scotland.

      I wonder if anyone knows if there are any muster rolls for the men
      who went to fight for their country of Scotland? A sad state if no
      one cared to keep some type of military record on the men they sent
      to war!

      I have to believe that somewhere, somehow or someplace the list
      exists for our benefit.

      Respectfully,
      Chester...
    • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
        Chester, I understand that it does not state where the men from but it even
        give their names? I am looking for Robert Abernathy from Battle of
        Worcester. Ginny Keefer
      • cowen
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
          Dear Virginia,

          I have two lists and I am sorry to say he is not listed on either.
          Check this URL:
          http://www.primenet.com/~langford/spls/6511n001.htm
          This list is in alphabetical order for your view.
          Respectfully, and I am sorry not to find him listed,
          Chester...
          > Chester, I understand that it does not state where the men from but it
          even
          > give their names? I am looking for Robert Abernathy from Battle of
          > Worcester. Ginny Keefer

        • Lucille A Richmond
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 21, 2001
            I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy. Sorry.

            Lucille Richmond

            > Chester, I understand that it does not state where the men from but it
            even
            > give their names? I am looking for Robert Abernathy from Battle of
            > Worcester. Ginny Keefer

          • patthepiper2000
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
              Lucille,

              Would you kindly check to see if there are any DUNBARs listed?

              Many thanks
              Pat

              --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@y..., "Lucille A Richmond"
              <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
              > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
              Sorry.

              > Lucille Richmond

            • Dave Mooney
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
                Hi this eamil came in. Not a clue why other than some viruses send emails at
                random from your address book. Don't know why I'd be in your address book
                either. Maybe worth doing a virus scan on your system?

                Dave

                <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
                > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
                Sorry.

                > Lucille Richmond

              • Lucille A Richmond
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
                  Just checked the book, Pat. There are no proper names of DUNBAR in it; only
                  the name of the battle.

                  <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
                  > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
                  Sorry.

                  > Lucille Richmond

                • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
                    Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                    Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                    indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                    Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                  • ROSSBIRD@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                      Hi everyone,

                      In the above book are there any ROSS names mentioned?

                      Thanks,

                      Dave Howe Florida
                    • Lucille A Richmond
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                        The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

                        Daniel MACKHAN
                        Daniel MACKHELLIN
                        Daniel MACKAINE
                        Daniel MACNITH
                        Daniel MANN
                        Daniel MARTIN

                        Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
                        Daniels in the "C" listing.

                        Lucille Richmond

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                          ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
                          now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

                          In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                          James ROSS (listed twice)
                          John ROSSE (listed three times)
                          Jonas ROSS
                          Alester ROSS
                          Daniel ROSS
                          David ROSS

                          Lucille Richmond

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                            As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
                            Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

                            Lucille

                            Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
                            prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
                            family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
                            Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
                            taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
                            Jan Highman

                            >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
                            >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
                            >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
                            >times...
                            >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
                            >
                            >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                            >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                            >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                            >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                          • Bill Caddell
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                              Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
                              and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

                              Bill Caddell

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                                Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                                any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                                Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                                > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                                Kittery,
                                > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                                >
                                > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                                > James ROSS (listed twice)
                                > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                                > Jonas ROSS
                                > Alester ROSS
                                > Daniel ROSS
                                > David ROSS
                                >
                                > Lucille Richmond

                              • Lucille A Richmond
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                                  Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                                  Abernethy.

                                  Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                                  any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                                  Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                                  > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                                  Kittery,
                                  > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                                  >
                                  > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                                  > James ROSS (listed twice)
                                  > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                                  > Jonas ROSS
                                  > Alester ROSS
                                  > Daniel ROSS
                                  > David ROSS
                                  >
                                  > Lucille Richmond

                                • Larry Highman
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                                      unsubscribe
                                    • Larry Highman
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                                        hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                                        Jan

                                      • cwrichmond
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                                          dunbarbill:

                                          Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                                          Lucille Richmond

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                                              The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                                              Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                                              photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                                              you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                                              search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                                              it searches and a breeze to use.

                                              The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                                              Enjoy the site, Lucille.