Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] PASSENGER LISTS ON THE INTERNET--URL

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2007
      Thanks, Teresa, this is an incredible resource! I'm
      looking forward to searching for relatives other than
      my Scottish ancestor.

      But to get to it, at the end of the URL it should be
      html, not htm.

      Thanks for passing this on.

      Eleanor

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4, 2007
        Teresa,
        I tried to open that one but it didn't work for me.
        -thanks, Ericka
        --- "Teresa R." <read2befree@...> wrote:

        > http://members.aol.com/rprost/passenger.htm
        >
        > Teresal

        > removed]

      • Teresa R.
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
          Try it again with the "l" on the end.
          Teresa

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
            The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been formed!
            Its e-mail address is
            scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com. I sent
            invitations to join to the 17 members who have posted
            to the original group in the past few months. But I
            know there are many more of you. To join the group,
            send an e-mail to:
            scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe." The
            others are underscores.)

            This group should be free from spam, as I will have a
            chance to disapprove messages posted to the group by
            new members.

            It might be good to wait a few days before sending any
            e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
            subscribe to it.

            Let me introduce myself; I have been researching the
            Ross family for several years. I think I am descended
            from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war prisoner,
            although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone have
            any information on him?)

            I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning to
            retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois (Older
            Women's League). We had a problem with spam and that's
            how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
            webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center
            (www.barrharris.org).

            Cheers!

            Eleanor Hall
          • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
              Eleanor,
              Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope it
              will get going!!
              Kerry
              descendent of Robert Abernethy

              scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com>. I sent
              scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                Kerry,

                You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
                I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
                I'm able to help it survive.

                But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
                member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
                got it) Or send an e-mail to:

                --- TODD KERRY BRANDOFF <kerry1947@...> wrote:

                > Eleanor,
                > Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope
                > it
                > will get going!!
                > Kerry
                > descendent of Robert Abernethy

              • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                  Eleanor,
                  I thought I did subscribe to the new list. Can you check it for me?
                  Thanks, Kerry

                  ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>>

                  scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>>
                  > (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe."
                  > The
                  > others are underscores.)
                  >
                  > This group should be free from spam, as I will
                  > have a
                  > chance to disapprove messages posted to the group
                  > by
                  > new members.
                  >
                  > It might be good to wait a few days before sending
                  > any
                  > e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
                  > subscribe to it.
                  >
                  > Let me introduce myself; I have been researching
                  > the
                  > Ross family for several years. I think I am
                  > descended
                  > from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war
                  > prisoner,
                  > although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone
                  > have
                  > any information on him?)
                  >
                  > I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning
                  > retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois
                  > (Older
                  > Women's League). We had a problem with spam and
                  > that's
                  > how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
                  > webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief
                  > Center
                  > (www.barrharris.org).
                  >
                  > Cheers!
                  >
                  > Eleanor Hall

                  > removed]

                • Leila Boyer
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                    A quick question: Since the new group and the old one both say
                    [ScottishWarPrisoners] in the subject line, how can I tell which to delete
                    without opening the email from the Pretenders (that's a Scottish history
                    joke, get it?) Or should I try to unsubscribe to the other one? Will that
                    work?

                    Leila

                    _____

                    You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
                    I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
                    I'm able to help it survive.

                    But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
                    member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
                    got it) Or send an e-mail to:

                    scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

                    --- TODD KERRY BRANDOFF <kerry1947@msn. <mailto:kerry1947%40msn.com> com>
                    wrote:

                    > Eleanor,
                    > Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope
                    > it
                    > will get going!!
                    > Kerry
                    > descendent of Robert Abernethy

                    ScottishWarPrisoner <mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                    s@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoner
                    > The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been
                    > formed!
                    > Its e-mail address is

                    scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                    prisoners@yahoogroups.com>.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                      Leila,

                      In the subject line, the new group has underscores and
                      no caps: scottish_war_prisoners.
                      The old group is all one word: ScottishWarPrisoners.

                      Love your Scottish pretenders joke!

                      When you have joined the new group you could
                      unsubscribe to the old. I will stay a member of the
                      old group. If any real messages come to it, I'll
                      forward them to the new group.

                      Eleanor

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 11, 2007
                        Thank you, Teresa!