PASSENGER LISTS ON THE INTERNET

  • Teresa R.
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2007
      http://members.aol.com/rprost/passenger.htm

      Teresal

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2007
        Thanks, Teresa, this is an incredible resource! I'm
        looking forward to searching for relatives other than
        my Scottish ancestor.

        But to get to it, at the end of the URL it should be
        html, not htm.

        Thanks for passing this on.

        Eleanor

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 4, 2007
          Teresa,
          I tried to open that one but it didn't work for me.
          -thanks, Ericka
          --- "Teresa R." <read2befree@...> wrote:

          > http://members.aol.com/rprost/passenger.htm
          >
          > Teresal

          > removed]

        • Teresa R.
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
            Try it again with the "l" on the end.
            Teresa

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
              The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been formed!
              Its e-mail address is
              scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com. I sent
              invitations to join to the 17 members who have posted
              to the original group in the past few months. But I
              know there are many more of you. To join the group,
              send an e-mail to:
              scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe." The
              others are underscores.)

              This group should be free from spam, as I will have a
              chance to disapprove messages posted to the group by
              new members.

              It might be good to wait a few days before sending any
              e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
              subscribe to it.

              Let me introduce myself; I have been researching the
              Ross family for several years. I think I am descended
              from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war prisoner,
              although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone have
              any information on him?)

              I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning to
              retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois (Older
              Women's League). We had a problem with spam and that's
              how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
              webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center
              (www.barrharris.org).

              Cheers!

              Eleanor Hall
            • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                Eleanor,
                Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope it
                will get going!!
                Kerry
                descendent of Robert Abernethy

                scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners@yahoogroups.com>. I sent
                scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                  Kerry,

                  You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
                  I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
                  I'm able to help it survive.

                  But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
                  member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
                  got it) Or send an e-mail to:

                  --- TODD KERRY BRANDOFF <kerry1947@...> wrote:

                  > Eleanor,
                  > Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope
                  > it
                  > will get going!!
                  > Kerry
                  > descendent of Robert Abernethy

                • TODD KERRY BRANDOFF
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                    Eleanor,
                    I thought I did subscribe to the new list. Can you check it for me?
                    Thanks, Kerry

                    ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>>

                    scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>>
                    > (Note that that's a hyphen, before "subscribe."
                    > The
                    > others are underscores.)
                    >
                    > This group should be free from spam, as I will
                    > have a
                    > chance to disapprove messages posted to the group
                    > by
                    > new members.
                    >
                    > It might be good to wait a few days before sending
                    > any
                    > e-mails to the group, to give people a chance to
                    > subscribe to it.
                    >
                    > Let me introduce myself; I have been researching
                    > the
                    > Ross family for several years. I think I am
                    > descended
                    > from George Ross, who may be a Scottish war
                    > prisoner,
                    > although I have found no evidence for it. (Anyone
                    > have
                    > any information on him?)
                    >
                    > I am single, living in Chicago, working, planning
                    > retire soon. I'm the webmaster for OWL-Illinois
                    > (Older
                    > Women's League). We had a problem with spam and
                    > that's
                    > how I know how to protect against it. I'm also the
                    > webmaster for the Barr-Harris Children's Grief
                    > Center
                    > (www.barrharris.org).
                    >
                    > Cheers!
                    >
                    > Eleanor Hall

                    > removed]

                  • Leila Boyer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                      A quick question: Since the new group and the old one both say
                      [ScottishWarPrisoners] in the subject line, how can I tell which to delete
                      without opening the email from the Pretenders (that's a Scottish history
                      joke, get it?) Or should I try to unsubscribe to the other one? Will that
                      work?

                      Leila

                      _____

                      You're welcome! This is such an interesting group,
                      I've always enjoyed the discussions, so I am glad that
                      I'm able to help it survive.

                      But you do have to join it; you aren't automatically a
                      member. So respond to the invitation e-mail (if you
                      got it) Or send an e-mail to:

                      scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

                      --- TODD KERRY BRANDOFF <kerry1947@msn. <mailto:kerry1947%40msn.com> com>
                      wrote:

                      > Eleanor,
                      > Thanks SO much for starting this group again. I hope
                      > it
                      > will get going!!
                      > Kerry
                      > descendent of Robert Abernethy

                      ScottishWarPrisoner <mailto:ScottishWarPrisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                      s@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ScottishWarPrisoner
                      > The new Scottish War Prisoners group has been
                      > formed!
                      > Its e-mail address is

                      scottish_war_ <mailto:scottish_war_prisoners%40yahoogroups.com>
                      prisoners@yahoogroups.com>.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                        Leila,

                        In the subject line, the new group has underscores and
                        no caps: scottish_war_prisoners.
                        The old group is all one word: ScottishWarPrisoners.

                        Love your Scottish pretenders joke!

                        When you have joined the new group you could
                        unsubscribe to the old. I will stay a member of the
                        old group. If any real messages come to it, I'll
                        forward them to the new group.

                        Eleanor

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 11, 2007
                          Thank you, Teresa!