Scots for Sale

  • Teresa
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2007
      Recently, I've read several articles that were recommended to me by
      another Scottish Hamilton, here they are: "Scots for Sale, Part 1: The
      fate of the Scottish prisoners in Seventeenth-century Massachusetts" and
      "Part II: Scottish prisoners in Seventeenth-century Maine and New
      Hampshire" in the New England Ancestors, Winter 2003, Vol. 4, #1, (p
      30+) and Holiday 2004, Vol. 5, No. 5-6, (p 26+), by Diane Rapaport.
      Also, see her, "Was your 17th-century ancestor a Scottish war
      prisoner?," in The Highlander" vol. 43, #1, Jan/Feb 2005, p. 38+
      Teresa (Hamilton) Rust

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2007
        Teresa, If you're the new moderator, good
        work!!!-Ericka
        --- Teresa <read2befree@...> wrote:

        > Recently, I've read several articles that were
        > recommended to me by
        > another Scottish Hamilton, here they are: "Scots
        > for Sale, Part 1: The
        > fate of the Scottish prisoners in
        > Seventeenth-century Massachusetts" and
        > "Part II: Scottish prisoners in Seventeenth-century
        > Maine and New
        > Hampshire" in the New England Ancestors, Winter
        > 2003, Vol. 4, #1, (p
        > 30+) and Holiday 2004, Vol. 5, No. 5-6, (p 26+), by
        > Diane Rapaport.
        > Also, see her, "Was your 17th-century ancestor a
        > Scottish war
        > prisoner?," in The Highlander" vol. 43, #1, Jan/Feb
        > 2005, p. 38+
        > Teresa (Hamilton) Rust

        > removed]

      • Teresa R.
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2007
          I'm not the new moderator, but I am always happy to help a fellow researcher! I will be happy to repost these to a new site if that is what will happen this week-end as Eleanor has said.
          Teresa