Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Getting rid of spam messages to this group

  • Teresa R.
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hi Richard,
      Would you mind looking for John Hamilton on either the "Unity," in 1651, or the "John & Sara," in 1652.
      Thanks!
      Teresa (Hamilton) Rust

      RICHARD MCMICHAEL <pojorojo@...> wrote:
      Ericka: No, sorry. I would need the name of the ship. I have a two volume set of all the English ships that set to sea up to the late 1960's. If I can be of any help, Just ask. Also, include on any new group you may establish. This spam is intolerable!

      Ericka Morgan <erickawaymorgan@...> wrote: Richard,
      Nice question, but I am sorry, I have no idea. i would
      love to find out more about the ABERNATHY's of
      Scotland. Do you know anything about them? Or how to
      find which ship an indentured servant came over on?

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
        Teresa,
        I don't have the papers right in front of me. But
        from what I recall, he was held prisoner in a church
        under horrible conditions. I can't remember the name
        ofhte church, but the story was so awful I am guessing
        someone might know! I think he came to America in
        1652. There were several Robert Abernathys (or
        Abernethy). As was the custom, several generations of
        men were named "Robert". -Thanks!-Ericka

        === message truncated ===

        http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
          Teresa and Richard,
          Do either of you have a suggestion for which ship I
          should start looking on?-Ericka

        • Teresa R.
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
            I would try the "John and Sara(h)" which made several trips or the "Unity." Both English ships.
            Teresa

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 4, 2007
              Teresa,
              Thank you so much! Before I ask anymore questions, I
              will read the next messages!-Ericka

              === message truncated ===

              http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/