Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Getting rid of spam messages to this group

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2007
      No problem, I do hope you will include me in the new
      group!-Ericka

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
    • RICHARD MCMICHAEL
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1, 2007
        Ericka: No, sorry. I would need the name of the ship. I have a two volume set of all the English ships that set to sea up to the late 1960's. If I can be of any help, Just ask. Also, include on any new group you may establish. This spam is intolerable!

        Ericka Morgan <erickawaymorgan@...> wrote: Richard,
        Nice question, but I am sorry, I have no idea. i would
        love to find out more about the ABERNATHY's of
        Scotland. Do you know anything about them? Or how to
        find which ship an indentured servant came over on?

        http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
          Richard,
          I am looking for information on Robert Abernathy, who
          was in the Battle of Dunbar and the Battle of
          Worcester, and came ot Virginia as an Indentured
          Servant after being taken as a prisoner of war. I
          think he came into Jamestown. Any suggestions?-Thank
          you, and I'm not starting hte new group, but I think
          someone else here is!-Ericka

          http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
        • Teresa R.
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
            Hello Erika,

            The little research I've done on this subject seems to indicate that any Scot that survived the Battle of Dunbar, was marched directly to England and then finally put on a ship to the British Colonies (America) and I think all those ships went to Charlestown. MA, from Gravesend, England. Do you know when your ancestor first arrived in America?

            I have some links to share with everyone, I've just been waiting until the new list is started.

            Teresa (Hamilton-Pepper) Rust
            Redding, CA

          • Teresa R.
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
              Hi Richard,
              Would you mind looking for John Hamilton on either the "Unity," in 1651, or the "John & Sara," in 1652.
              Thanks!
              Teresa (Hamilton) Rust

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
                Teresa,
                I don't have the papers right in front of me. But
                from what I recall, he was held prisoner in a church
                under horrible conditions. I can't remember the name
                ofhte church, but the story was so awful I am guessing
                someone might know! I think he came to America in
                1652. There were several Robert Abernathys (or
                Abernethy). As was the custom, several generations of
                men were named "Robert". -Thanks!-Ericka

                === message truncated ===

                http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
                  Teresa and Richard,
                  Do either of you have a suggestion for which ship I
                  should start looking on?-Ericka

                • Teresa R.
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
                    I would try the "John and Sara(h)" which made several trips or the "Unity." Both English ships.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 4, 2007
                      Teresa,
                      Thank you so much! Before I ask anymore questions, I
                      will read the next messages!-Ericka

                      === message truncated ===

                      http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/