Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Ship: Unity...

  • cowen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2000
      Dear Jan,

      Thank you for accepting my late introduction to this list which I have
      found to be interesting and the persons who have corresponded directly with
      me are to be commended for having the stamina to proceed into the unknown of
      this endeavor!

      I do not know if any of the members have seen the following web page and
      since at my age I find I am not as thorough in retention of material read I
      ask that should anyone not something I may of missed to remind me of this
      factor and I shall accept the information in sincere appreciation.

      http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/archaeology/pages/battle.htm

      Enjoy, if not previously viewed and I remain,

      Respectfully,
      Chester...
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2000
        Dear Chester:
        Thank for the page that you sent me.
        Do you live in Scotland?
        Can Yask you a question?:
        Do you know if the name MacMagalow exist in Scotland?
        Woukd you help me in this. I´m live in Argentina and my true name is
        "Magaldi", an Italian last name, but I have some information that the name
        Magaldi is origined from Scotland as Magalow or MacMagalow

        Thank for your help
        Your faithfull
        Michel Magaldi
        > Thank you for accepting my late introduction to this list which I have
        >found to be interesting and the persons who have corresponded directly with
        >me are to be commended for having the stamina to proceed into the unknown
        of
        >this endeavor!
        >
        > I do not know if any of the members have seen the following web page
        and
        >since at my age I find I am not as thorough in retention of material read I
        >ask that should anyone not something I may of missed to remind me of this
        >factor and I shall accept the information in sincere appreciation.
        >
        >http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/archaeology/pages/battle.htm
        >
        > Enjoy, if not previously viewed and I remain,
        >
        >Respectfully,
        >Chester...

      • cowen
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2000
          My dear Luis,

          It is my pleasure to receive this message from you who resides in
          Argentina. I would hope you find the time to tell me something about your
          country!

          No, I do not live in Scotland! I was born in Rochester, Massachusetts
          and have lived in Florida since 1952 minus a few years in New Orleans,
          Louisiana. I know you are having your summer weather now and we are still
          enjoying the summer season although we did have the temperature at 22
          degrees last week.

          Luis, although I am not connected to the Scotland Gen Web it might be a
          way for you to learn about your surname and as to whether or not it is of
          Scotland. The fact you indicate Mac prior to Magalow gives me the feeling
          you may be right but if you do not have success on Gen Web then let me know
          and I will try to give you some other ideas!

          Respectfully,
          Chester H. Cowen {Cowing} de Colquhoun...
          Hernando, Citrus, Florida...
          cowen@...