Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: Lucille's book

  • Lucille A Richmond
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
      The name of the book is:

      "Scotch Prisoners Deported to New England by Cromwell,
      1651-52:

      From the Battles of Dunbar and Worcester"

      It can be ordered by mail, a nominal cost (I don't recall how much I paid
      for it, but it was quite reasonable.)

      The names are not always what we think they should be; handwriting was not a
      paramount consideration in those days, and I believe that it was thought
      that it was a sign of "intelligence" to spell things in many different ways.

      Lucille Richmond

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
        Lucille, do you have the author's name and place to order from please? Ginny
        Keefer
      • Lucille A Richmond
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2000
          Ginny, there was no author's name on the booklet; it is copyrighted by
          Unicorn, Ltd., and can be ordered from: Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton
          Mills, West Virginia 26525. Good luck with your research.

          Lucille Richmond

        • Jmeinatmoffat@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2000
            Please unsubscribe me from this list

            Thanks
          • Lucille A Richmond
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 15, 2001
              Ginny:

              At the end of the booklet the following appears:

              'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts Historical Society, October, 1927.
              This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'

              I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia 26525.

              Lucille

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
                Well, did it mention Robert Abernathy or not? I do not want to chase all
                over looking for a pamphlet that does not even mention him. I only asked you
                because you were looking for others. Thank you. Ginny K.
                Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                > At the end of the booklet the following appears:
                >
                > 'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts
                Historical Society, October, 1927.
                > This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'
                >
                > I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West
                Virginia 26525.

                > Lucille

              • Lucille A Richmond
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
                  I have sent three messages now saying that it does NOT mention anyone
                  resembling an Abernathy! Sorry if these messages are getting confusing, but
                  there seem to be a lot of folks asking for their ancestors to be looked up.

                  Lucille

                  > At the end of the booklet the following appears:
                  >
                  > 'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts
                  Historical Society, October, 1927.
                  > This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'
                  >
                  > I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West
                  Virginia 26525.

                  > Lucille

                • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
                    Thank you Lucille. I got your message with the information that he was not
                    listed after I received your message of where I could find it. Sorry for the
                    confusion. Thank you for looking. Ginny Keefer

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Ellis1992@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 17, 2001
                      In a message dated 12/15/01 9:19:36 PM Central Standard Time,
                      cwrichmond@... writes:

                      > At the end of the booklet the following appears:
                      >
                      > 'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts Historical
                      > Society, October, 1927.
                      > This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'
                      >
                      > I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West
                      > Virginia 26525.
                      >
                      > Lucille

                      I found a website for them: www.scotpress.com. I haven't looked through it
                      yet, but surely there will be more information about other books.

                      Kathleen Ellis
                      Searching for Draffen/Draffin and Douglas(s)