Re: Lucille's book

  • Highman
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
      Hello Chester and Lucille,
      I am glad to see some activity on this list. Lucille, I have not heard of
      this book either. Could you take a peek and see if a Daniel Cone (possibly
      Daniel MacHoe) is listed? How much is the book, and can it be ordered
      through the mail? Thank you very much. Chester, have you found Scotpress
      on the internet? Would you send us a link if you find it? Thank you ever
      so much.
      Jan (Cone) Highman
    • Lucille A Richmond
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
        The name of the book is:

        "Scotch Prisoners Deported to New England by Cromwell,
        1651-52:

        From the Battles of Dunbar and Worcester"

        It can be ordered by mail, a nominal cost (I don't recall how much I paid
        for it, but it was quite reasonable.)

        The names are not always what we think they should be; handwriting was not a
        paramount consideration in those days, and I believe that it was thought
        that it was a sign of "intelligence" to spell things in many different ways.

        Lucille Richmond

        > I am glad to see some activity on this list. Lucille, I have not heard
        of
        > this book either. Could you take a peek and see if a Daniel Cone
        (possibly
        > Daniel MacHoe) is listed? How much is the book, and can it be ordered
        > through the mail? Thank you very much. Chester, have you found Scotpress
        > on the internet? Would you send us a link if you find it? Thank you ever
        > so much.
        > Jan (Cone) Highman

      • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
          Lucille, do you have the author's name and place to order from please? Ginny
          Keefer
        • Lucille A Richmond
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2000
            Ginny, there was no author's name on the booklet; it is copyrighted by
            Unicorn, Ltd., and can be ordered from: Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton
            Mills, West Virginia 26525. Good luck with your research.

            Lucille Richmond

          • Jmeinatmoffat@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2000
              Please unsubscribe me from this list

              Thanks
            • Lucille A Richmond
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 15, 2001
                Ginny:

                At the end of the booklet the following appears:

                'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts Historical Society, October, 1927.
                This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'

                I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia 26525.

                Lucille

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
                  Well, did it mention Robert Abernathy or not? I do not want to chase all
                  over looking for a pamphlet that does not even mention him. I only asked you
                  because you were looking for others. Thank you. Ginny K.
                  Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                  > At the end of the booklet the following appears:
                  >
                  > 'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts
                  Historical Society, October, 1927.
                  > This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'
                  >
                  > I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West
                  Virginia 26525.

                  > Lucille

                • Lucille A Richmond
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
                    I have sent three messages now saying that it does NOT mention anyone
                    resembling an Abernathy! Sorry if these messages are getting confusing, but
                    there seem to be a lot of folks asking for their ancestors to be looked up.

                    Lucille

                    > At the end of the booklet the following appears:
                    >
                    > 'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts
                    Historical Society, October, 1927.
                    > This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'
                    >
                    > I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West
                    Virginia 26525.

                    > Lucille

                  • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 16, 2001
                      Thank you Lucille. I got your message with the information that he was not
                      listed after I received your message of where I could find it. Sorry for the
                      confusion. Thank you for looking. Ginny Keefer

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Ellis1992@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 17, 2001
                        In a message dated 12/15/01 9:19:36 PM Central Standard Time,
                        cwrichmond@... writes:

                        > At the end of the booklet the following appears:
                        >
                        > 'This article first appeared in the Journal of the Massachusetts Historical
                        > Society, October, 1927.
                        > This edition Copyright Unicorn Ltd., 1997, all rights reserved.'
                        >
                        > I purchased my copy from Scotpress, P. O. Box 397, Bruceton Mills, West
                        > Virginia 26525.
                        >
                        > Lucille

                        I found a website for them: www.scotpress.com. I haven't looked through it
                        yet, but surely there will be more information about other books.

                        Kathleen Ellis
                        Searching for Draffen/Draffin and Douglas(s)