Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: 1715 Rebellion

  • Leila Boyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2005
      Thanks so much, Dave, you deserve a medal. I am familiar with the Calendar
      of Va. State Papers entry, and some related data noted there that discussed
      the fact that some prisoners (who evidently were not included in that list)
      who paid Trafford to let them off the ship in Cork! So much for a vacation
      in the colonies. Do you have any suggestions for sources that might expand
      on the records from Marshalsea? (I think its the prison Dickens wrote about
      in Little Dorrit.) I've done a good bit of research on the 1715 in
      Edinburgh, but haven't tackled British records (presumably at Kew.) Any
      ideas?
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2005
        Leila,

        Sorry, no ideas about Marshalsea.