Re: Scottish War Prisoners

  • Dale E Leathead
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 1999
      On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 22:22:14 -0500 "stuart" <stuart@...> writes:
      > From: "stuart" <stuart@...>
      >
      > Dear Dale,
      >
      > Thank you for sharing.
      >
      > Would you please be kind enough to check your books for anything on
      > Robert
      > Stuart/Stewart, captured at Worcester by Cromwell and transported to
      > Boston
      > on the John and Sarah, 1652.

      I DON'T HAVE A PASSENGER LIST FOR THE "JOHN AND SARA", SO CAN'T CHECK
      THAT.

      > I have the list of prisioners transported. I believe I saw
      > something that
      > showed he worked at the Iron Works, but have been unable to locate
      > it again.

      I DO NOT FIND A ROBERT STUART/STEWARD IN EITHER OF THE INVENTORIES OF
      1650 OR 1653 OF SCOTS PRISONERS IN THE SAUGUS IRON WORKS. THERE IS,
      HOWEVER A JOHN STEWARD, BUT IT SEEMS THIS WOULD NOT BE THE ANCESTOR YOU
      ARE SEARCHING FOR.

      > Any info would be most apreciated. Like you, we are trying to make
      > that
      > jump across the Atlantic. There are some indications as to whom his
      > parents
      > were, but they need documentation that we have been unable to find.
      >
      > Thanks again.
      >
      > Gwen

      SORRY I COULDN'T BE OF MORE HELP

      Dale & Jeanette Leathead
      13 Rose Ct
      New Holland PA 17557-9435
      Ph: (717) 355-6515 / E-mail -- dleathead@...
      Fax: (717) 355-6006 Attn: D. Leathead
    • stuart
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 1999
        Thank you, Dale.

        Gwen
        > Would you please be kind enough to check your books for anything on Robert
        > Stuart/Stewart, captured at Worcester by Cromwell and transported to
        Boston
        > on the John and Sarah, 1652.
        >
        > I have the list of prisioners transported. I believe I saw something that
        > showed he worked at the Iron Works, but have been unable to locate it
        again.
        > Any info would be most apreciated. Like you, we are trying to make that
        > jump across the Atlantic. There are some indications as to whom his
        parents
        > were, but they need documentation that we have been unable to find.
        >
        > Thanks again.
        >
        > Gwen

        But
        > > we keep at it, little by little. Incidentally, my surname is of Scots
        > > origin. My great-grandfather (spelling his name "Leithead") emmigrated
        > > to Montreal. But we have been unable to "connect" back beyond that for
        > > the same reason. Dale Leathead

      • chestercowen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2003
          Dear Researchers,

          I would like to know if you find a John Coehon, Colquhoun or Cowen
          listed at one of the mills being mentioned. In appreciation I
          remain,

          Chester...

          --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com, "stuart"