Re: Scottish War Prisoners

  • stuart
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 1999
      Dear Dale,

      Thank you for sharing.

      Would you please be kind enough to check your books for anything on Robert
      Stuart/Stewart, captured at Worcester by Cromwell and transported to Boston
      on the John and Sarah, 1652.

      I have the list of prisioners transported. I believe I saw something that
      showed he worked at the Iron Works, but have been unable to locate it again.
      Any info would be most apreciated. Like you, we are trying to make that
      jump across the Atlantic. There are some indications as to whom his parents
      were, but they need documentation that we have been unable to find.

      Thanks again.

      Gwen
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 1999
        On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 22:22:14 -0500 "stuart" <stuart@...> writes:
        > From: "stuart" <stuart@...>
        >
        > Dear Dale,
        >
        > Thank you for sharing.
        >
        > Would you please be kind enough to check your books for anything on
        > Robert
        > Stuart/Stewart, captured at Worcester by Cromwell and transported to
        > Boston
        > on the John and Sarah, 1652.

        I DON'T HAVE A PASSENGER LIST FOR THE "JOHN AND SARA", SO CAN'T CHECK
        THAT.

        > I have the list of prisioners transported. I believe I saw
        > something that
        > showed he worked at the Iron Works, but have been unable to locate
        > it again.

        I DO NOT FIND A ROBERT STUART/STEWARD IN EITHER OF THE INVENTORIES OF
        1650 OR 1653 OF SCOTS PRISONERS IN THE SAUGUS IRON WORKS. THERE IS,
        HOWEVER A JOHN STEWARD, BUT IT SEEMS THIS WOULD NOT BE THE ANCESTOR YOU
        ARE SEARCHING FOR.

        > Any info would be most apreciated. Like you, we are trying to make
        > that
        > jump across the Atlantic. There are some indications as to whom his
        > parents
        > were, but they need documentation that we have been unable to find.
        >
        > Thanks again.
        >
        > Gwen

        SORRY I COULDN'T BE OF MORE HELP

        Dale & Jeanette Leathead
        13 Rose Ct
        New Holland PA 17557-9435
        Ph: (717) 355-6515 / E-mail -- dleathead@...
        Fax: (717) 355-6006 Attn: D. Leathead
      • stuart
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 27, 1999
          Thank you, Dale.

          Gwen
          > Would you please be kind enough to check your books for anything on Robert
          > Stuart/Stewart, captured at Worcester by Cromwell and transported to
          Boston
          > on the John and Sarah, 1652.
          >
          > I have the list of prisioners transported. I believe I saw something that
          > showed he worked at the Iron Works, but have been unable to locate it
          again.
          > Any info would be most apreciated. Like you, we are trying to make that
          > jump across the Atlantic. There are some indications as to whom his
          parents
          > were, but they need documentation that we have been unable to find.
          >
          > Thanks again.
          >
          > Gwen

        • chestercowen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16 7:42 AM
            Dear Researchers,

            I would like to know if you find a John Coehon, Colquhoun or Cowen
            listed at one of the mills being mentioned. In appreciation I
            remain,

            Chester...

            --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com, "stuart"