A Helpful Book?

  • Kuchim@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 1999
      My ancestor was John Cragin, sent to Mass. on the John and Sarah after
      Dunbar. I just got a very thin book thru Amazon.co.uk called "Scots Armies of
      the English Civil Wars" published by Osprey Publishing, Men-at-Arms series.

      It gives a list of regiments of infantry and also cavalry units that
      "probaly" fought at Dunbar. They use the term "reconstructed from a rather
      garbled English intelligence summary..." and other sources. It appears to be
      a starting point if one can figure out what lairds came from what areas.

      Besides Amazon.co.uk, Osprey has a website (I haven't visited it yet) at
      http://www.osprey-publishing.co.uk

      Hope this helps.

      Linda Mattson