"John and Sarah" Scots

  • JennyCone@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
      Was the Neile Mackone listed among the prisoners aboard the "John and Sarah"
      the same man of this name later found in Isle of Wight County, VA ? Was he
      the ancestor of the McCone and Cone families of NE North Carolina? There is
      speculation that he was, but I have been unable to substantiate this. Can anyone
      tell me if there are court documents for the "sale" of these prisoners after
      they reached New England?

      Jennifer Cone
      Savannah, GA

    • dillard_he@externet.nl
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
        [externet] --> [jagerjanssen] sinds september 2003
        [externet] --> [jagerjanssen] since september 2003
      • dillard_he@externet.nl
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
              [externet] --> [jagerjanssen] sinds september 2003
              [externet] --> [jagerjanssen] since september 2003
            • Tom Cone
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                While I have no information to forward your quest at
                this time, I am also looking for information regarding
                Neile MacKone. Particularly if he is of my family
                (and, I suspect, yours). Perhaps we could pool
                resources. I'm particularly interested in what proof
                you might have regarding him being in Isle of Wight
                County, VA.

                Thank you,
                Tomus Cone

                > Was the Neile Mackone listed among the prisoners
                > aboard the "John and Sarah"
                > the same man of this name later found in Isle of
                > Wight County, VA ? Was he
                > the ancestor of the McCone and Cone families of NE
                > North Carolina? There is
                > speculation that he was, but I have been unable to
                > substantiate this. Can anyone
                > tell me if there are court documents for the "sale"
                > of these prisoners after
                > they reached New England?

                =====
                "Dot is the reason Karadon kills clones!"
                - The cast of ANOA:Enclaves

                "Can Suhuy and I go back to creating balance now?"
                -Dot

                http://vote.yahoo.com
              • dillard_he@externet.nl
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 6, 2004
                                      Good morning. I don't have proof that these are the same man, but believe
                                      they could be. I do have copies of either actual documents or transcriptions of
                                      documents from IOW that reference a man of this name. I am leaving to go out
                                      of town but will locate these when I return if you are interested. There are
                                      also documents for Peter and William if these are of interest.

                                      Jennifer