Re: Furbush

  • Highman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 1999
      Hi Royce,
      We're still out here, but haven't been active lately. My ancestor, Daniel
      Cone was taken at Dunbar and turned up in Connecticut. I have not found him
      on a ship's list. Do you have a list of who was on the Unity? I haven't
      seen this one before. We were in Scotland in September and went to Dunbar.
      I was disappointed though. There is only a monument at the battlefield, but
      it is unclear exactly where the battlefield was. There was a quarry behind
      the sign, so if that was the battlefield, we can't even "walk on the ground"
      there. I hope your letter sparks more response.
      Jan Highman

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 1999
        Hi Royce -- Still here, too. I think this is just very difficult research.

        Welcome back, Jan!!! Sure was hoping that you'd have a more exciting tale
        about Dunbar. Guess we're just going to have to search harder.

        More later -- Judy