Furbush

  • royhunt@sprynet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 1999
      Hello,
      I haven't seen any msg since Sept 24th. Everyone quit?
      My ancestor is William Furbush, ca[tured at Battle of Dunbar
      and sent to Boston on Unity, landing Dec 1650. Sold to Richard
      Leader to work on saw mill in York Cty. Maine.
      Has anyone found any records on who served in battle and where they
      came from in Scotland?
      Happy Thanksgiving.
      Royce Hunt
      Concord, NH
    • Highman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 1999
        Hi Royce,
        We're still out here, but haven't been active lately. My ancestor, Daniel
        Cone was taken at Dunbar and turned up in Connecticut. I have not found him
        on a ship's list. Do you have a list of who was on the Unity? I haven't
        seen this one before. We were in Scotland in September and went to Dunbar.
        I was disappointed though. There is only a monument at the battlefield, but
        it is unclear exactly where the battlefield was. There was a quarry behind
        the sign, so if that was the battlefield, we can't even "walk on the ground"
        there. I hope your letter sparks more response.
        Jan Highman

        > I haven't seen any msg since Sept 24th. Everyone quit?
        > My ancestor is William Furbush, ca[tured at Battle of Dunbar
        > and sent to Boston on Unity, landing Dec 1650. Sold to Richard
        > Leader to work on saw mill in York Cty. Maine.
        > Has anyone found any records on who served in battle and where they
        > came from in Scotland?
        > Happy Thanksgiving.
        > Royce Hunt
        > Concord, NH

      • BaggyGenes
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 1999
          Hi Royce -- Still here, too. I think this is just very difficult research.

          Welcome back, Jan!!! Sure was hoping that you'd have a more exciting tale
          about Dunbar. Guess we're just going to have to search harder.

          More later -- Judy