Daniel Cone

  • Larry Highman
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2004
      On the Haddam CT web page, they list Daniel Cone with (MackHoe)
      after it. I don't think they listed it that way a few years back when I
      started searching on the internet. I wonder if they have found a proof that
      Daniel MackHoe on the John and Sara was our Daniel Cone.

      Jan Cone Highman

      > > --- Larry Highman <medievaltents@h...> wrote:
      > > > This is in reply to Tom Cone's post. Tom said that
      > > > he believes he is
      > > > decended from Neil Mackhoe. I am descended from
      > > > Daniel Cone and there is
      > > > some belief that he was Daniel Mackhoe on the John
      > > > and Sara. Tom, do you
      > > > have any "proof" that Neil Mackhoe changed his name
      > > > to Cone?
      > >
      > > No, I think that was something Jesse did, probably
      > > when he got to North Carolina.

      Premium!
    • Co Owner
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16 4:39 AM
        --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Highman"
        <medievaltents@h...> wrote:
        > On the Haddam CT web page, they list Daniel Cone with (MackHoe)
        > after it. I don't think they listed it that way a few years back
        when I
        > started searching on the internet. I wonder if they have found a
        proof that
        > Daniel MackHoe on the John and Sara was our Daniel Cone.
        >
        > Jan Cone Highman

        > > > No, I think that was something Jesse did, probably
        > > > when he got to North Carolina.

        lineages are and have been for years claiming Daniel Cone was Daniel
        Mchoe even in their DAR and SAR applications for membership adding to
        that W W Cone who wrote Some Account of the Cone Family in America
        after reciving back mail from those he wrote to and the fact is that
        the book is written based on the replies he recived back in that the
        Southern group did write him but it was a write off on their part as
        he did in fact write one rather boldly and so challanged him to write
        and tell him who his daddy was if he could read and write. And there
        is a copy of that letter. But take his book and see who did write W W
        Cone with Cone Family information. It's sorta like fruing catfish
        when you shake them in a bag of corn meal.After they are coated how
        would one be capable of telling if that one was the one they caught
        as they all will come out of the bag coated, and ready to hit the
        pan. Some of the Cone genealogist can't even keep their William Cones
        straight even by who they each were married to. Some even proclaim
        one was having families with two differant women in two differant
        Georgia Counties at the same time. I realize that some have notions
        that Southerners are backwoods but give it a rest at least for those
        gone on and even more for those who today bear the Cone name.

        > Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included
        with MSN
        > Premium!
        > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-
        us/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/