Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: Mackhoe on the John and Sara

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2004
      Co Owner wrote:

      snip

      > One thing that is most apparent is that Daniel was Daniel Machoe with
      > the roster of the prisoners followed by Neile Machone. The "N" was
      > the only letter of difference in the spelling.
      >
      > Certainly the most obvious thing in common was two points. First
      > these were prisoners taken at Worchester in 1651 and transported in
      > 1652 to Mass.The spelling and proxiemity of the Machoe and Machone on
      > the list as presented across the internet.>

      In a transcription of the letter filed in the Massachusetts Deeds
      contained in Vol 1 of the NEHGR, Page 377-379 Dan: Mackhoe is followed
      by Dan: Mackajne. Neile Mackhone is 23 names earlier in the listing. I
      feel that the the order in the NEHGR reflects the order in the letter
      as the names are not in order.

      You cannot make any assumptions based on the sort of a such a list in an
      on-line transcription.

      In the list there is also a David Mackhome in Col 1, and Senly Mackonne,
      Daniell Mackhan, and Alester Mackhene in Col 2. Neile Mackhone is in
      Col 5 and Dan: Mackhoe in Col 6 of 6.