Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Cone and McDonalds

  • MARY MASON
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2003
      Hi Jan,

      That bit about Sophia has been circulating for a while. Someone else told me it was found and then lost. I'm sure it will come again. I don't know if it's fact... can't find proof. The thing about the Clan Donald is strange.... I went to the highland games in Hendersonville, NC last year and their list had Cone on it!! The games at Grandfather Mountain, NC had the same. I told them that "Daniel" was probably born in Edingurgh. They said it didn't matter, that Cone was a sept of Clan Donald. I, personally am not sure of it, but it is nice to belong to a clan that says you are part of them.

      Mary