Cone and McDonalds

  • medievaltents
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2003
      First of all, my brother's house at Lake Arrowhead CA survived the
      fires. It came within 3/4 of a mile, so it was a very tense time for
      him. He said that he came home to a pretty yucky refrigerator.

      I am really glad to see so much input here. I went to the McDonald
      Center on the Isle of Skye when I was in Scotland, to see if there
      was a chance that Cone was part of the McDonald clan. They told me
      that it was not a name associated with the clan. They looked on the
      computer for me and said that he was born in Edinburgh in 1626, that
      part I knew, and that his mother's name was Sophia Boyle. I was
      excited about that new bit, but was not able to find any other
      reference to it. I even emailed the McDonald Center to see if they
      could find it again, but they could not.

      Jan
    • MARY MASON
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2003
        Hi Jan,

        That bit about Sophia has been circulating for a while. Someone else told me it was found and then lost. I'm sure it will come again. I don't know if it's fact... can't find proof. The thing about the Clan Donald is strange.... I went to the highland games in Hendersonville, NC last year and their list had Cone on it!! The games at Grandfather Mountain, NC had the same. I told them that "Daniel" was probably born in Edingurgh. They said it didn't matter, that Cone was a sept of Clan Donald. I, personally am not sure of it, but it is nice to belong to a clan that says you are part of them.

        Mary

        First of all, my brother's house at Lake Arrowhead CA survived the
        fires. It came within 3/4 of a mile, so it was a very tense time for
        him. He said that he came home to a pretty yucky refrigerator.

        I am really glad to see so much input here. I went to the McDonald
        Center on the Isle of Skye when I was in Scotland, to see if there
        was a chance that Cone was part of the McDonald clan. They told me
        that it was not a name associated with the clan. They looked on the
        computer for me and said that he was born in Edinburgh in 1626, that
        part I knew, and that his mother's name was Sophia Boyle. I was
        excited about that new bit, but was not able to find any other
        reference to it. I even emailed the McDonald Center to see if they
        could find it again, but they could not.

        Jan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor