Saugus Scots Lineage Society Formation

  • Bill Budde
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2003
      This past weekend at the New England Regional Genealogy Conference I announced the formation of a lineage type society for descendants of the Scots indentured to the Iron Works at Lynn. I presented a talk at the conference on "Forced Emigration - Scots Indentured to the Saugus Iron Works, 1650 - 1651."

      My intention is to hold the organizational meeting at the Saugus Iron Works in July, but I need to talk to Curtis White to confirm plans. September is not available since the Iron Works will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary in mid-month. The New Hampshire Highland games are also scheduled for the third weekend in September. I hope to be presenting on Scottish genealogy at the games., so that is not a good weekend.

      July seems the best option at this point. Schools will be out, people are looking to vacations, and the New England weather may be hot be usually dryer.

      Yours aye,

      Bill Budde
      FSA Scot
      Member of the Scots' Charitable Society, Boston
      Relatively Speaking
      177 Old Mill Road
      East Arlington, VT 05252-9777
      (802) 375-9296

    • JennyCone@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2003
        Hello Bill,

        Could there be a consideration to expand your group to include all the
        Scottish war prisoners sent by Cromwell during the English Civil Wars instead of
        just those who ended up at the Ironworks? Thanks.

        Regards,
        Jennifer Cone