Test

  • Highman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13 1:05 PM
      Hello Judy,
      This is a test to see if it is working. You can reply to this, or address your email to ScottishWarPrisoners@onelist.com.
      Jan
    • BaggyGenes
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13 6:42 PM
        Yipeee!!! It's working!!! This is a reply. I'll try sending to the list address, to be sure it's working both ways.

        Judy

        Highman wrote:

        > From: "Highman" <Ettrick@...>
        >
        > Hello Judy,
        > This is a test to see if it is working. You can reply to this, or address your email to ScottishWarPrisoners@onelist.com.
        > Jan
        >
        > [Attachments have been removed from this message]

        > ONElist users: YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
        > Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.
        > For details, go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

      • pagray2010
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25 9:18 AM
          Are you, or do you know, the admin of this group?

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25 10:24 AM
            Hello,

            ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com was flooded with spam. I don't know who the moderator was. Either s/he didn't know what to do about it, or was ill or unable/uninterested in moderating the group. (Was Jan the moderator?)

            So, in August, 2007, I started a new group, scottish_war_prisoners@ yahoogroups.com, with myself as moderator, and invited members of the old group to join it.  It has grown considerably since then. I asked Teresa Rust to be a co-moderator and she has also created a very informative blog. Every email has to be accepted by a moderator and so spam is kept out.

            To join the new group, send an e-mail to
            scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Be
            sure there are underscores between scottish, war and
            prisoners, then a hyphen before subscribe.

            Please join us! If you join, please introduce yourself, telling us who your Scottish war prisoner ancestor was.

            Best,

            Eleanor Hall, Co-Moderator