Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Another Cone descendant

  • Tom Cone
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
      > There are so many different Cone/McCone lines. Would
      > love to see if they
      > connect in any way.

      There's a yahoogroup or two along these lines
      (TheFamilyCone being one of them). If you'd like,
      I'll send you the link.

      > I have searched for various
      > lists of Scottish regiments posted
      > on the internet, but have never been able to find
      > any variation of Mackhone.

      Yeppers. That's my problem as well. In fact, I'm not
      certain of what they were doing at that prison... I
      only suspect that they were prisoners of war (a string
      of brothers, one of whom was a barrister, showing up
      in prison at the same time is odd otherwise). They
      may have just been visiting Worcester when the battle
      took place, or heard there was going to be a scrap and
      decided to just beat heads. This would mean they
      didn't belong to any regiment, and could still be
      considered prisoners of war.

      If I find anything, I'll post it. I'm having southern
      relatives check out some book in Mobile that might
      have some relavence (a book on Scottish settlers that
      made its way there). If you're in the area, or know
      someone who is, it might be worth a shot.

    • MARY MASON
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
        Hello Jan,

        Very nice to hear from another Daniel descendent. I do hope your brothers house and property will be spared.

        Mary Mason
        Anderson,SC

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
          --- Larry Highman <medievaltents@...> wrote:
          > I am descended from Daniel of Haddam. Our family
          > oral history is that he
          > was taken prisoner at Dunbar, but I wonder if it
          > could have been Worcester.

          It was my impression that those on the John and Sarah,
          or the Unity, were captured at Worcester. I'd never
          heard of Dunbar. I'll check it out and see what I can
          come up with. Then we can compare notes.