Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Another Cone descendant

  • JennyCone@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hello Jan,

      Surely hope your brother's home is not lost. Will keep him in my prayers.

      There are so many different Cone/McCone lines. Would love to see if they
      connect in any way. I have searched for various lists of Scottish regiments posted
      on the internet, but have never been able to find any variation of Mackhone.

      Jennifer Cone
      Savannah, GA

    • Tom Cone
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
        > There are so many different Cone/McCone lines. Would
        > love to see if they
        > connect in any way.

        There's a yahoogroup or two along these lines
        (TheFamilyCone being one of them). If you'd like,
        I'll send you the link.

        > I have searched for various
        > lists of Scottish regiments posted
        > on the internet, but have never been able to find
        > any variation of Mackhone.

        Yeppers. That's my problem as well. In fact, I'm not
        certain of what they were doing at that prison... I
        only suspect that they were prisoners of war (a string
        of brothers, one of whom was a barrister, showing up
        in prison at the same time is odd otherwise). They
        may have just been visiting Worcester when the battle
        took place, or heard there was going to be a scrap and
        decided to just beat heads. This would mean they
        didn't belong to any regiment, and could still be
        considered prisoners of war.

        If I find anything, I'll post it. I'm having southern
        relatives check out some book in Mobile that might
        have some relavence (a book on Scottish settlers that
        made its way there). If you're in the area, or know
        someone who is, it might be worth a shot.

      • MARY MASON
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
          Hello Jan,

          Very nice to hear from another Daniel descendent. I do hope your brothers house and property will be spared.

          Mary Mason
          Anderson,SC

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
            --- Larry Highman <medievaltents@...> wrote:
            > I am descended from Daniel of Haddam. Our family
            > oral history is that he
            > was taken prisoner at Dunbar, but I wonder if it
            > could have been Worcester.

            It was my impression that those on the John and Sarah,
            or the Unity, were captured at Worcester. I'd never
            heard of Dunbar. I'll check it out and see what I can
            come up with. Then we can compare notes.