Another Cone descendant

  • Larry Highman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
      I am descended from Daniel of Haddam. Our family oral history is that he
      was taken prisoner at Dunbar, but I wonder if it could have been Worcester.
      There is a Daniel MacHoe on the John and Sara list. These walls are sure
      frustrating! I am in Northern California. My brother, the last male in our
      line, is in Southern California, Lake Arrowhead. He is evacuated and
      waiting to see if his house will be one of those lost.

      Jan

      Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
      Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
      providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com
    • JennyCone@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
        Hello Jan,

        Surely hope your brother's home is not lost. Will keep him in my prayers.

        There are so many different Cone/McCone lines. Would love to see if they
        connect in any way. I have searched for various lists of Scottish regiments posted
        on the internet, but have never been able to find any variation of Mackhone.

        Jennifer Cone
        Savannah, GA

      • Tom Cone
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
          > There are so many different Cone/McCone lines. Would
          > love to see if they
          > connect in any way.

          There's a yahoogroup or two along these lines
          (TheFamilyCone being one of them). If you'd like,
          I'll send you the link.

          > I have searched for various
          > lists of Scottish regiments posted
          > on the internet, but have never been able to find
          > any variation of Mackhone.

          Yeppers. That's my problem as well. In fact, I'm not
          certain of what they were doing at that prison... I
          only suspect that they were prisoners of war (a string
          of brothers, one of whom was a barrister, showing up
          in prison at the same time is odd otherwise). They
          may have just been visiting Worcester when the battle
          took place, or heard there was going to be a scrap and
          decided to just beat heads. This would mean they
          didn't belong to any regiment, and could still be
          considered prisoners of war.

          If I find anything, I'll post it. I'm having southern
          relatives check out some book in Mobile that might
          have some relavence (a book on Scottish settlers that
          made its way there). If you're in the area, or know
          someone who is, it might be worth a shot.

        • MARY MASON
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
            Hello Jan,

            Very nice to hear from another Daniel descendent. I do hope your brothers house and property will be spared.

            Mary Mason
            Anderson,SC

            I am descended from Daniel of Haddam. Our family oral history is that he
            was taken prisoner at Dunbar, but I wonder if it could have been Worcester.
            There is a Daniel MacHoe on the John and Sara list. These walls are sure
            frustrating! I am in Northern California. My brother, the last male in our
            line, is in Southern California, Lake Arrowhead. He is evacuated and
            waiting to see if his house will be one of those lost.

            Jan

            Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
            Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
            providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Tom Cone
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
              --- Larry Highman <medievaltents@...> wrote:
              > I am descended from Daniel of Haddam. Our family
              > oral history is that he
              > was taken prisoner at Dunbar, but I wonder if it
              > could have been Worcester.

              It was my impression that those on the John and Sarah,
              or the Unity, were captured at Worcester. I'd never
              heard of Dunbar. I'll check it out and see what I can
              come up with. Then we can compare notes.