Re: Coehon

  • chestercowen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      Bob you will find a John Coehon listed on the John & Sarah, 1651-52
      that arrived at Charlestown either February or May 1652. I am not
      certain yet but he may have worked aboard ship between Boston and
      the West Indies the four years that he can not be found in MA. He
      became John Cowen of Scituate, MA.
      I was disconnected from Yahoo and just learned this today.
      --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com, bob gillis
      <rpgillis@b...> wrote:
      > chestercowen wrote:
      > >
      > > I would like to know if you find a John Coehon, Colquhoun or
      > > listed at one of the mills being mentioned. In appreciation I
      > > remain,
      > >
      > Where do you first find this John Coehon in America? A Rhonda
      > posted in Genforum/immigrants and I have confirmed that about 150
      > prisoners were sent to the Massachusetts Bay Colony about 1650 on
      > ship UNITY to work as indenture laborers at the Ironworks at
      Saugus and