Our Indentured Servant Families

  • bloodtrail44
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2003
      Hello Troops
      My question is this, besides the John and Sarah what other ships,and
      or other boates did indentured servants arrive in?
      Seeing that some of our familes were indentured servants it has come
      to my attention that they were reguarded as slaves and what?
      war crimnals and were not worth the mentioning.
      I know that in the Franklin Ma. Library it mentions servants and free
      men.Seeing my family mentioned there I originaly thought "free men"
      was an org. like the Masons. Futher research cleared that trouble up.
      Chancese are I may never know how James Mackorwithey [MacWithey]
      arrived and or sailed from what port.
      I certanly hope that our reporting skills since that time have been
      honed to a better edge.
      cliff.
    • Oby McGlaun
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2003
        Where did you get info on these ships. What time period did they come
        overd?
        Thanks.

        Oby McGlaun
        (in Gun Barrel City, Texas)