Battle of Worcester, 03 September 1651...

  • chestercowen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13 12:08 PM
      I seemed to have gotten off to a bad start recently but wonder if
      any one knows if the fact an ancestor was a royalist soldier and
      fought for the Stewart who later became Charles II would indicate
      the area from whence he came. It is very difficult to obtain any
      information that far back in time. Perhaps this writing is all for
      naught.
    • Rose
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13 12:15 PM
        I am also looking for family lines of that era. I do
        know that a lot of the men came to america. That they
        were given land grants in loo of pay. That's how most
        of the east was settled by Tories. I will get back to
        you soon, have a lot going on right now.
        Gloria roseglry@... new address I use both.

        =====
        I expect to pass through this world but once,
        Any good therefore, that I can do,
        Or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature,
        Let me do it now, Let me not defer, nor neglect it,
        For I shall not pass this way again.

        This saying was carried, and practiced by my mother for many of her 94 yrs. May I do the same.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com