James Micknab

  • gravedigger472
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hello everyone, I'm the Gravedigger. I disturb the sleep of my
      ancestors by digging up their past.
      Right now I'm digging up my wifes ancestry.
      Thanks to some of the members here and others, I have found James
      Micknab in the prisoner lists for the ship John and Sarah.
      James was apparently transported for participating in the battle of
      Worcester or Dunbar. What a bad boy he was.
      I'm interested in finding those details if they are available.
      Which battles he was involved in and like that.
      My wife is a direct descendant of James, if he is actually the father
      of William McNabb etc. Her great grandfather was Virgil McNabb, who I
      hope to be able to connect with Virgil Preston McNabb, (Taylor)
      (David D.)(Baptiste)(William),(William)(James Micknab/McNabb)
      Her family is/was located in Georgia. Origin Tennessee. etc.
      If anyone has any info and would care to share, I can add some
      peripherals to your McNabb lines perhaps.
      Thank you for anything you have. G.D.472
      By the way, have any of you noticed that many of the names on the
      list mirror the clan affiliations in Scottland?
      McNabb,Campbell,Anderson, and several others? I would be willing to
      bet that many of them originated in or around Glendochart,Perthshire,
      Scotland. Just a possible search point for family names.