Ship: John & Sara, 1651/52

  • chestercowen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2003
      I posted a message to this group in the year 2000 and left without
      knowing that Louise Richmond has posted a message to me. In
      appreciation I would like to thank her. She mentioned Scottpress of
      West Virginia had a book with information that would be of help to
      me. I do not find in the site the book she mentioned but have sent
      and e-mail with reference to my ancestor as having been a prisoner.
      I currently have my own e-mail group of thirty people researching
      our Cowen/Cowing family line. We have accomplished much but working
      as a group. I appreciate the fact a group with interest in Scots
      prisoners of war appears to be well established.

      Respectfully,
      Chester H. Cowen {Cow-en}
    • chestercowen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
        Finally back on line. Would like to know if anyone knows where the
        men under the Earl of Derby would have been from. Were they from
        the Midlothian or Dumbarton area?

        Chester...