Re SAR

  • bloodtrail44
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
      Sorry
      what does SAR stand for?
      Indentured servents as they were, were not allowed to
      become "MEMBERS"of any church. However it still was manditory to go
      to one and to pay the sallery of the minister.
      My ancesterial Highlander sent to Amercia had been locked up along
      with his father-in-law for not paying the ministers fee. When they
      got out it was a force payment by way of their gardens.
      cliff
    • Jack Rose
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
        --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com, "bloodtrail44"
        <bloodtrail44@y...> wrote:
        > Sorry
        > what does SAR stand for?
        > Indentured servents as they were, were not allowed to
        > become "MEMBERS"of any church. However it still was manditory to go
        > to one and to pay the sallery of the minister.
        > My ancesterial Highlander sent to Amercia had been locked up along
        > with his father-in-law for not paying the ministers fee. When they
        > got out it was a force payment by way of their gardens.
        > cliff

        Very interesting. The next generation of my Rose's worshiped at
        Presbyterian Meeting houses. After the revolution, my forerunner,
        Jesse Rose, was a founder of the First Presbyterian Church in the
        Western Reserve 1802 (now Ohio). Unreconstructed Scots?

        SAR=Sons of the American Revolution.