Re:Daniel Cone

  • tpm_11 <tpm_11@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
      Hi Jan:
      Thanks for the info.
      I had wondered about the connection to the Spencers. I actually have
      two links to that family. Mehitable Spencer's sister Alice (Marah)
      was married to another ancestor of mine named Thomas Brooks. The two
      lines joined three generations later with the marriage of Nehemiah
      Lord and Deborah Williams.
      Although I'm still stuck on Daniel Cone/Mackhoe, the research (mostly
      online) has been very interesting.
      Good luck on your research.
      Best wishes,
      Tom McHugh
    • Larry Highman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16, 2004
        On the Haddam CT web page, they list Daniel Cone with (MackHoe)
        after it. I don't think they listed it that way a few years back when I
        started searching on the internet. I wonder if they have found a proof that
        Daniel MackHoe on the John and Sara was our Daniel Cone.

        Jan Cone Highman

        > > --- Larry Highman <medievaltents@h...> wrote:
        > > > This is in reply to Tom Cone's post. Tom said that
        > > > he believes he is
        > > > decended from Neil Mackhoe. I am descended from
        > > > Daniel Cone and there is
        > > > some belief that he was Daniel Mackhoe on the John
        > > > and Sara. Tom, do you
        > > > have any "proof" that Neil Mackhoe changed his name
        > > > to Cone?
        > >
        > > No, I think that was something Jesse did, probably
        > > when he got to North Carolina.

        Premium!
      • Co Owner
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2004
          --- In ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Highman"
          <medievaltents@h...> wrote:
          > On the Haddam CT web page, they list Daniel Cone with (MackHoe)
          > after it. I don't think they listed it that way a few years back
          when I
          > started searching on the internet. I wonder if they have found a
          proof that
          > Daniel MackHoe on the John and Sara was our Daniel Cone.
          >
          > Jan Cone Highman

          > > > No, I think that was something Jesse did, probably
          > > > when he got to North Carolina.

          lineages are and have been for years claiming Daniel Cone was Daniel
          Mchoe even in their DAR and SAR applications for membership adding to
          that W W Cone who wrote Some Account of the Cone Family in America
          after reciving back mail from those he wrote to and the fact is that
          the book is written based on the replies he recived back in that the
          Southern group did write him but it was a write off on their part as
          he did in fact write one rather boldly and so challanged him to write
          and tell him who his daddy was if he could read and write. And there
          is a copy of that letter. But take his book and see who did write W W
          Cone with Cone Family information. It's sorta like fruing catfish
          when you shake them in a bag of corn meal.After they are coated how
          would one be capable of telling if that one was the one they caught
          as they all will come out of the bag coated, and ready to hit the
          pan. Some of the Cone genealogist can't even keep their William Cones
          straight even by who they each were married to. Some even proclaim
          one was having families with two differant women in two differant
          Georgia Counties at the same time. I realize that some have notions
          that Southerners are backwoods but give it a rest at least for those
          gone on and even more for those who today bear the Cone name.

          > Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included
          with MSN
          > Premium!
          > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-
          us/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/