Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Neile Mackhone

  • cwrichmond
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 11, 2002
      Harvard has original records of many, many Scots prisoners. I understand
      that you must be doing work OTHER THAN GENEALOGY to access them.

      Lucille Richmond

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2003
        Tom,

        Do you have documentation for the information you noted about Neile Mackhone?
        I have long thought that he was connected to a man of that name who is in
        Isle of Wight County, VA by 1680; however, I have been unable to find proof. I
        have also been unable to prove that the Cones who appear in NC by 1728 are
        related. The proximity (NE counties of NC) to VA would lend credence to the theory
        and some on the Internet have stated it as fact, but to my knowledge, no proof
        has been found to establish a connection. I am most interested in your
        information, for I have been researching this name for years and have about given up
        hope of finding anything further.

        A DNA project among a number of Cone males completed several years ago
        determined that there was no common progenitor for Daniel Cone of Connecticut and
        the several Southern lines.

        Best regards,
        Jennifer

      • Tom Cone
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 2003
          > A DNA project among a number of Cone males completed
          > several years ago
          > determined that there was no common progenitor for
          > Daniel Cone of Connecticut and
          > the several Southern lines.

          I've heard about that test. While my knowledge of
          genetic biology is limited, it couldn't possibly be
          wholely accurate. At some point in the past that
          would break down.

          Wait... I heard about a test regarding some of the
          North Carolina Cones, which would only help support
          the idea that Daniel and Neile could've been brothers.

          If you have further information, let me know.

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree