261Descendants of Scottish War Prisoners

  • SusanG1400@aol.com
    Oct 4, 2004
      Hello!

      I was wondering where in the United States the descendants of Scottish
      War Prisoners live? If you would like to tell me, I would appreciate it. Could
      you also please tell me where your Scots War Prisoner ancestor was sent in
      the Thirteen Colonies?
      My mother's ancestor was Walter Jackson who fought at the Battle of
      Worcester on September 3, 1651. He was sent on the ship John and Sara to Boston,
      Massachusetts Bay Colony. He worked in Exeter, New Hampshire in the sawmill of
      Nicholas Lissen, a Scot who paid the ship's captain for Walter Jackson's
      passage money. After seven years Walter Jackson was given his freedom. In 1683
      he died in Durham, New Hampshire.
      I live in Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.
      Thank you for responding to my message.

      Sincerely,

      Susan M. Grady