143Covenanters and the American Revolution

  • Jack Rose
    Mar 4, 2003
      For some reason, historians seldom note the role played by religion
      in the American revolution. In my case, there are roughly 150 Roses
      listed on the DAR list of revolutionary pensions (not all my family).

      I would guess that the families of those Scottish prisoners were not
      too fond of the English or crown's restrictions placed on
      Presbyterian worship! Are there any books or internet sites on this
      subject? Any insights from the other descendents?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic