106Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • dunbarbill
    Sep 9, 2002
      Pat - there are no Dunbar's listed in this booklet. There is a
      Robert Dunbar of Hingham, Massachusetts that we believe was one of
      the prisoners transported in the Fall of 1650 from the Battle of

      If you have not seen it already the Town of Dunbar, East Lothian,
      Scotland has a web page with a photograh of the Battle of Dunbar

      I would also recommend the web site for Durham Cathederal. The
      prisoners from Dunbar were marched to Durham where a large number
      died - in the range of 1,600. The cathederals web site has a good
      link to Battle o Dunbar information. It also reports briefly on the
      mass grave for the Scottish prisoners.

      Take care, Bill Budde
      Robert Dunbar Family Association, Inc.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic