Removing Scorbot Gripper Finger Pads

  • badplanet100
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2010
      I have a Scorbot 4u and have purchased the extended gripper fingers to replace the stock gripper finger pads on the robot. The problem I have is that I cannot seem to find a hex key that fits the four hex bolts (2 each side) that hold the existing pads on so that I can replace them with the extended gripper fingers. The gripper pads on the Scorbot III seem to be identical. The size is between 5/64 and 3/32 -or- 2.5mm and 3mm. If anyone knows the size or has another idea of how to unscrew these hex bolts I would appreciate it very much.

      Thanks,
      Greg
    • jneylon2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2010
        The wrench for the er3  is 7/64 inch.  This in-between size is seldom included in wrench sets but easily purchased as a single.
        This wrench is also needed to remove the motor coupling  on a linear slide.
        Chris

      • dbworth@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8 9:55 AM
          Hi

          Does anyone have photos of the normal pads Vs. extended please?

          I only just noticed this in the specs, so now I'm wondering what it looks like...

          David.

          --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "badplanet100" <gbanta@...> wrote:

          > I have a Scorbot 4u and have purchased the extended gripper fingers to replace the stock gripper finger pads on the robot. The problem I have is that I cannot seem to find a hex key that fits the four hex bolts (2 each side) that hold the existing pads on so that I can replace them with the extended gripper fingers. The gripper pads on the Scorbot III seem to be identical. The size is between 5/64 and 3/32 -or- 2.5mm and 3mm. If anyone knows the size or has another idea of how to unscrew these hex bolts I would appreciate it very much.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Greg

        • badplanet100
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8 10:56 AM
            Hi David,

            You can see the exteded gripper fingers at the following link:

            http://www.intelitek.com/ProductDetails.asp?Product_ID=112&CategoryID=41&Industrial=&Education=yes&category_str_id=3

            Regards,
            Greg

            --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "dbworth@..." <dbworth@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > Does anyone have photos of the normal pads Vs. extended please?
            >
            > I only just noticed this in the specs, so now I'm wondering what it looks like...
            >
            > David.
            >

            > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "badplanet100" <gbanta@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have a Scorbot 4u and have purchased the extended gripper fingers to replace the stock gripper finger pads on the robot. The problem I have is that I cannot seem to find a hex key that fits the four hex bolts (2 each side) that hold the existing pads on so that I can replace them with the extended gripper fingers. The gripper pads on the Scorbot III seem to be identical. The size is between 5/64 and 3/32 -or- 2.5mm and 3mm. If anyone knows the size or has another idea of how to unscrew these hex bolts I would appreciate it very much.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Greg

          • Omri Koppel
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8 10:47 PM

            Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9 11:33 PM
              Thanks Greg, I can see how you'd need those extended fingers for non-square objects.

              Omri: I can only see one close-up photo of the normal gripper pads?

              I vaguely remember someone on this forum might have actually attached a pneumatic effector, which would be interesting...

              -David.