Slidebase lossing encoder ticks

  • Lior
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      I have a Scorbot ER4PC with a linear slidebase. It seems like the linear slidebase is loosing encoder ticks which is more noticeable at higher speeds. Basically, if I set the robot to move from one side to the other, after about an hour, it will shift by half an inch either to the left or right.
      I placed a scope on the motor and ran it at full speed, and everything looks good (Plotting x/y for a/b of the encoder yields a good square). I also inspected the belts for any damage, and everything looks good.

      Did anybody ran into this problem before? Any idea?

      Thanks, Lior.