RE: [ScorbotUserGroup] Joystick Control

  • Chris Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
      Hi Mark,

      So I got everything you suggested and created the profile, setup keys, but nothing happens when I push the joystick controller buttons. Any suggestions?

      Best Regards,

      Chris Gonzalez
      zoc3@...

      To: ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com
      From: mark@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:36:20 -0500
      Subject: RE: [ScorbotUserGroup] Joystick Control

      Hi Chris,

      Sorry, I was going to help you with that wasn't I? :) First off, this is what I did, others may have a better way.

      look here... http://www.logitech .com/en-us/ 441/288?section= downloads&bit=&osid=1

      To make a long story short, this software allows one to setup a profile for any program you have installed on your pc and map joystick or gamepad buttons to keyboard keys. So, just setup a profile for scorbase and map the controls on your gamepad to the keys used in Scorbase. Thats all the time I have right now and I hope your running Scorbase on windows because It would take a great deal more to do this in Dos. :)

      Mark

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
        Hi Chris,
        Try making sure the window in Scorbot control that has the manual controls is selected and highlighted and the current active window. I haven't done it for a while so I can't remember. I'm itching to mess with my ER4 so I'll go through the process again tonight.

        Good Luck!!
        Mark

        ________________________________

        zoc3@... <mailto:zoc3@...>

        ________________________________

        To: ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com

        Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I need to obtain joystick control of my robot.

        Thanks,

        Chris

        ________________________________

        The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started. <http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>
      • Chris Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
          Hi Mark, Thanks for responding. What version of scorbot should I be running?

          Best Regards,

          Chris Gonzalez
          zoc3@...

          To: ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com