Robotics Vision - Computer Driver issue

  • Gerry
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2010
      Hey Folks,

      I have an unusual request here but I'm hoping some of you software gurus may have an idea as to a solution to this problem.

      I'm working with an old obsolete Matrox 4Sight Robot Imaging unit. It's essentially an industrial micro-PC equipped with a Frame grabber card and it runs on Windows NT 4.0

      They are used for Image processing in Industrial robotics applications, and it uses the Popular Matrox MIL program development software for image analysis and digitizing.

      Anyhow, Matrox is no longer supporting this unit and are not helping me out at all. They keep giving me the run around. I was trying to get the Drivers Installation CD for the unit from them. They say that they only give out info to Members with a service plan. Which is over a grand to purchase.

      The Display driver is entitled:
      "National (Matrox modified)Geode" Display driver.

      I've got the MIL Software installed, but my main challenge at this point is to try and get the Display drivers to work. I found a zip with the Display drivers but the Files only contained the .sys file and the .dll driver. It was missing the .inf file that windows needs to install the driver. In the manual it talks
      about loading this off the Install CD.

      http://www.matrox.com/imaging/media/pdf/support/old_products/4sight/UserGuide.pdf

      http://www.matrox.com/imaging/media/pdf/support/old_products/4sight/b_4sight.pdf

      I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to somehow get the display drivers installed with these files alone? Perhaps create a .inf file so I can at least load the .dll driver file? I'm not familiar with Driver development so I'm not sure if this is even possible.

      Anyhow, any advice would be helpful.
      Thanks for your help.

      -Gerry