RE: [ScorbotUserGroup] Re: Controller-B stuck in Watch Dog mode.EshedRobotec Performer MK2 HELP!

  • Chris Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010

      I made the cable and i am still getting the "Controller Not Responding" error from ATS 2.0. If I pull the power connectors from the Axis boards and pull the cpu board and turn the controller-b on it still immediatly goes to watchdog mode. The input voltage setting on the back of the controller-b is currently set to an input voltage of 120 volts.

      Should it be set to 100 volts. I live in the US.

      What should the voltage be from each contact point on the plug that comes from the power supply and plugs into the mother. I checked each contact and it is supplying voltage to the mainboard. The voltage amount does vary though. Is this correct?

      What are some other possibilities as to why this is stuck in "watchdog" mode.
      What am I missing?

      Again still no lights from the "Axis" boards and the robot is connected to the controller-b correctly.

      Thanks,

      Chris

      To: ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com
      From: okoppel@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:55:23 +0200
      Subject: RE: [ScorbotUserGroup] Re: Controller-B stuck in Watch Dog mode.EshedRobotec Performer MK2 HELP!

      Here you go.

      Omri

      40252

      Connection List

      SIDE   A

      D9 F

      Wire Color

      SIDE B

      D9 F

      3

      RED

      2

      2

      BLACK

      3

      5

      GND

      5

         On the side B (D9 F) there must be a bridge, between pins1,4 and 6  and a bridge between pin 7 and pin 8

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
        Hi Omri,

        Ok so here is where I am at... The controller-b is in "watch dog" mode. The "Teach Pendant" is displaying correctly but offers no control of the controller-b. I have checked all the fuses iin the power supply and they are good. The 3 "Axis" board "led's" are not lit and do not seem to be getting power to them. I have checked the "Axis" board fuses and they are all good. All controller and I/O  boards are setup correctly and to default. I/O board jumpers are set correctly for teach pendant. I have replaced the battery in the "cpu board" and have checked for correct configuration of the cpu board. Cpu board and jumpers and set correctly. All DIP switches are set correctly in the controller-b.

        Questions:

        1) Does the teach pendant need to be in its holder for me to have communication to the controller-b?
                                                           (I do not have the magnetic holder.)

        2) If the teach pendant is not in its holder will it put the controller-b in "watchdog" mode when the controller-b is turned on?

        3) Is there anything else I am missing that could possibly be keeping this controller from functioning or stuck in "watchdog" mode?

        I have replaced the mainboard, cpuboard, and Axis boards and I am still stuck in "watchdog mode".

        Best Regards,

        Chris Gonzalez
        zoc3@...

        To: ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com