Re: operating system

  • Rex
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi Vincent,

      Did you get the ER4-PC controller with the robot also?

      If yes, the ER4-PC controller functions with the "ScorbasePro" software for Windows. It runs on Windows 2000 and XP, it depends on what version of the software you have with the robot.

      The issue here with this Windows based software is that unless you purchased the license Key to use with the software, it is strickly in demo mode and will only run for 30 days.

      I have the same Scorbot Robot arm. I have modified mine to run as an ER5 Robot using the "Controller-A" and I'm running the DOS based software "ATS V1.9".

      It just depends on the Controller that you plan to use with the Robot, and depending on this you may have to purchase a license to use the Windows based software.

      Feel free to msg the group if you have any more questions.

      Regards,
      -Gerry

      --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_palermo" <vincent_palermo@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys i just got a er 4pc from my school and i need to know what operating system needs to be ran to work the robot?
      >
      > Thanks, Vincent

    • vincent_palermo
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        sorry im kinda new at this stuff, but where and how did you get the software from?
        --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rex" <robotics@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vincent,
        >
        > Did you get the ER4-PC controller with the robot also?
        >
        > If yes, the ER4-PC controller functions with the "ScorbasePro" software for Windows. It runs on Windows 2000 and XP, it depends on what version of the software you have with the robot.
        >
        > The issue here with this Windows based software is that unless you purchased the license Key to use with the software, it is strickly in demo mode and will only run for 30 days.
        >
        > I have the same Scorbot Robot arm. I have modified mine to run as an ER5 Robot using the "Controller-A" and I'm running the DOS based software "ATS V1.9".
        >
        > It just depends on the Controller that you plan to use with the Robot, and depending on this you may have to purchase a license to use the Windows based software.
        >
        > Feel free to msg the group if you have any more questions.
        >
        > Regards,
        > -Gerry
        >

        > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_palermo" <vincent_palermo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi guys i just got a er 4pc from my school and i need to know what operating system needs to be ran to work the robot?
        > >
        > > Thanks, Vincent

      • Rex
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
          Hi Vincent,

          Login to the Yahoo Groups website and enter the Scorbot User Group.

          Copy and paste the link below into your browser:

          In the Files section of the group page, there is a Folder called
          "Gerry's Files". Go into that folder and navigate your way to the
          "Scorbot ER4" folder and all the software and manuals for this system are there.

          Once again the Windows based version requires a License Key in order to unlock the demo version. From what I've heard the DOS based version works with the ER4 also. You can use it to at least get your robot Moving and running simple programs.

          You can buy a license key directly from Intelitek.com or you can find one on Ebay if your lucky. I have seen them for sale there before, you just have to watch for them.

          Hope this helps,
          -Gerry

          --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_palermo" <vincent_palermo@...> wrote:

          > sorry im kinda new at this stuff, but where and how did you get the software from?
          > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rex" <robotics@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Vincent,
          > >
          > > Did you get the ER4-PC controller with the robot also?
          > >
          > > If yes, the ER4-PC controller functions with the "ScorbasePro" software for Windows. It runs on Windows 2000 and XP, it depends on what version of the software you have with the robot.
          > >
          > > The issue here with this Windows based software is that unless you purchased the license Key to use with the software, it is strickly in demo mode and will only run for 30 days.
          > >
          > > I have the same Scorbot Robot arm. I have modified mine to run as an ER5 Robot using the "Controller-A" and I'm running the DOS based software "ATS V1.9".
          > >
          > > It just depends on the Controller that you plan to use with the Robot, and depending on this you may have to purchase a license to use the Windows based software.
          > >
          > > Feel free to msg the group if you have any more questions.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > -Gerry
          > >

          > > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_palermo" <vincent_palermo@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi guys i just got a er 4pc from my school and i need to know what operating system needs to be ran to work the robot?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks, Vincent

        • Omri Koppel
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
            Hi all.
            Just to put things in the correct order.
            Scorbase software for ER4U is NOT protected!
            The Robocell software (which includes a graphics simulation IS protected by a license key, BUT you CAN install it and use it for 30 days as a FULL TRIAL.
            Enjoy.

            Omri

            ________________________________

            --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ScorbotUserGroup%40yahoogroups.com> , "vincent_palermo" <vincent_palermo@...> wrote:

            > sorry im kinda new at this stuff, but where and how did you get the software from?
            > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ScorbotUserGroup%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rex" <robotics@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Vincent,
            > >
            > > Did you get the ER4-PC controller with the robot also?
            > >
            > > If yes, the ER4-PC controller functions with the "ScorbasePro" software for Windows. It runs on Windows 2000 and XP, it depends on what version of the software you have with the robot.
            > >
            > > The issue here with this Windows based software is that unless you purchased the license Key to use with the software, it is strickly in demo mode and will only run for 30 days.
            > >
            > > I have the same Scorbot Robot arm. I have modified mine to run as an ER5 Robot using the "Controller-A" and I'm running the DOS based software "ATS V1.9".
            > >
            > > It just depends on the Controller that you plan to use with the Robot, and depending on this you may have to purchase a license to use the Windows based software.
            > >
            > > Feel free to msg the group if you have any more questions.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > -Gerry
            > >

            > > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ScorbotUserGroup%40yahoogroups.com> , "vincent_palermo" <vincent_palermo@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi guys i just got a er 4pc from my school and i need to know what operating system needs to be ran to work the robot?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks, Vincent

            This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

            This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by PineApp for the presence of computer viruses.

          • Rex
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
              Hi Omri,

              Thanks for clarifying that.
              I was unsure if the DOS software worked with the ER4 robots or not.

              Thanks again. :)
              -Gerry