milling machine

  • mtd076
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
      Ok, I've been side tracked with another project. I noticed a three axis mill in the attic over at another High school. So I had it brought over to our school. I've got it running an engraving program before I figure out how to use all three axis. It's engraving using an old version of auto sketch. Pretty neat stuff. I'm guessing I can post pictures here and will do so tomorrow.

      I will be taking part in an electronics robotics two day seminar at The College of New Jersey on the 3rd and 4th of this month. We will be using a C-Stamp so this should be fun.

      I'm also working on developing new curriculum for our Innovative Engineering, Pre-Engineering, and Engineering classes. As a first year teacher I'm honored to be part of this with two other teachers. There are three schools in our district.

      ScorBot III (1) working with the teaching pendent and am waiting on a computer with windows 98se at school to hook it up and try. I now have all the original cabling.

      Scorbot III (2) It's making a strange noise at its base and the gripper assembly/motor is striped.

      Scorbot IV (1) Too much information right now. Is there any trick to controlling the robot in XP. I read papers that say you cannot control the com port in XP through dos. I'm guessing I need to pour over additional papers on this site.

      Scorbot IV (2) striped motor may use for parts but not sure. Lots of questions about parts.

      Controller III (1) working with teaching pendent
      Controller III (2) now working with teaching pendent

      Controller V Haven't tried anything until I get a computer running windows 98. I believe the software is a problem on the old 486 computer . I tried reinstalling but no luck. I'm getting a number of errors. Needless to say I'm waiting on a computer with windows 98SE because I can't seem to get it working on my XP system. Original cabling is being used.
    • mtd076
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2009
        Well, what I believe are two PCs running windows 98se have been delivered to my classroom. I just came back from the seminar and stopped at school to get things in order. It was a nice surprise. I also made friends with a couple people at the college today taking the seminar. One is running a summer camp with C-stamps. I volunteered to help.

        In the seminar we are putting together a robot. Looks like it's time to tear out the C-stamp at home. Is there time?

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
          The PCs were not even PCs but empty boxes not for me but for another teacher. My hopes have been smashed. I did win a PC notebook on EBay running windows 98 so I will us that once it arrives.

          --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "mtd076" <mtd076@...> wrote:

          > Well, what I believe are two PCs running windows 98se have been delivered to my classroom. I just came back from the seminar and stopped at school to get things in order. It was a nice surprise. I also made friends with a couple people at the college today taking the seminar. One is running a summer camp with C-stamps. I volunteered to help.
          >
          > In the seminar we are putting together a robot. Looks like it's time to tear out the C-stamp at home. Is there time?
          >
          > --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, "mtd076" <mtd076@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ok, I've been side tracked with another project. I noticed a three axis mill in the attic over at another High school. So I had it brought over to our school. I've got it running an engraving program before I figure out how to use all three axis. It's engraving using an old version of auto sketch. Pretty neat stuff. I'm guessing I can post pictures here and will do so tomorrow.
          > >
          > > I will be taking part in an electronics robotics two day seminar at The College of New Jersey on the 3rd and 4th of this month. We will be using a C-Stamp so this should be fun.
          > >
          > > I'm also working on developing new curriculum for our Innovative Engineering, Pre-Engineering, and Engineering classes. As a first year teacher I'm honored to be part of this with two other teachers. There are three schools in our district.
          > >
          > > ScorBot III (1) working with the teaching pendent and am waiting on a computer with windows 98se at school to hook it up and try. I now have all the original cabling.
          > >
          > > Scorbot III (2) It's making a strange noise at its base and the gripper assembly/motor is striped.
          > >
          > > Scorbot IV (1) Too much information right now. Is there any trick to controlling the robot in XP. I read papers that say you cannot control the com port in XP through dos. I'm guessing I need to pour over additional papers on this site.
          > >
          > > Scorbot IV (2) striped motor may use for parts but not sure. Lots of questions about parts.
          > >
          > > Controller III (1) working with teaching pendent
          > > Controller III (2) now working with teaching pendent
          > >
          > > Controller V Haven't tried anything until I get a computer running windows 98. I believe the software is a problem on the old 486 computer . I tried reinstalling but no luck. I'm getting a number of errors. Needless to say I'm waiting on a computer with windows 98SE because I can't seem to get it working on my XP system. Original cabling is being used.

        • Sean Hickman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
            Did you win that laptop from Pinckney High School?  If so, I have a good surprise for you when you get it.
            Sean

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
              --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, Sean Hickman <hickmansean@...> wrote:

              > Did you win that laptop from Pinckney High School?  If so, I have a good surprise for you when you get it.
              > Sean

              Mike

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
                Sorry....I sold a bunch of older laptops with my standard image on the hard drive.  I deleted all the robot software (including all the Scorbase versions) but I'm sure a resourceful person could find them in the recycle bin.  Oh well, I'm sure you're figuring things out.
                Sean

                > Did you win that laptop from Pinckney High School?  If so, I have a good surprise for you when you get it.
                > Sean

                Mike

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009