1047Re: [ScorbotUserGroup] computer won't communicate with robot

  • geramount
    Jan 9, 2014

    Hmmm.

    Well..do you have access to a Multi-Meter with Probes ?

    I would check to make sure your "Transmit" and "Receive" Signals between the DB9 and the DB25 connectors on your Modem Cable are in fact correct.

    I would check these signals first:

    Pin 2 from the DB9 should connect to the Pin 2 on the DB25

    Pin 3 From the DB9 should connect to the Pin 3 on the DB25

    Set your Multi-Meter for a Continuity/Tone pulse check

    and see if the above pin connections are common between ends.

    Attached is a Pinout Diagram that may help. But the PDF's for the cables are in the FIles section also if need be.

    If these Check out... then it could be a short in the cable...but the fact that it's new this is unlikely.

    The only other thing to try would be to then Purchase an RS232 LED indicator adapter that shown the Logic Levels of all the Pins on your Modem Cable.

    -Gerry

    ---In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, <connerd@...> wrote:

    As far as I can tell.  It's the only other DB9 on the mobo and it's not marked as a display output.

    On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Gerry <robotics@...> wrote:

    No Worries...

    Ok so as far as the PC's BIOS is concerned..... that all looks good.

    So back to your Null Modem Cable.... on the computer side...you have it plugged into the DB9 Serial Com Port ?

    -Gerry