1022Re: Arduino Control of Scorbot

  • Walker
    Jan 4, 2014
      I've just uploaded a schematic to the file repository for using L298N boards to control the Scorebot-ER III motors. I need to put some annotations in that the Arduino is a MEGA and the L298N chips in the diagram are actually intended to be breakout boards that are common on the market. If they were the actual chip then I would need to put in diodes and a voltage regulator...etc.

      I will update as time permits. If anyone sees any errors please let me know and I will correct them.

      --- In ScorbotUserGroup@yahoogroups.com, Walker Archer <warcher1@...> wrote:

      > I see what you're saying now.  I very much underestimated the number of ports I'm going to need.  The L298N board needs one PWM port for the enable pin and two digital ports for the input pins.  So 3 ports per motor... a total of 15 ports just for the motors.  That almost leaves nothing left to read the limit switches and encoders.  I'll have to build this with a Mega.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic